I heard a rumor that they stamped the VIN into the frame near the right front suspension mounts starting in '55. I didn't find any such number on mine, so I would guess that was a TF series addition.

Rob, can you verify my VIN deciphering ability? Near as I can tell from your instructions my numbers break down as follows:

25324CZ1508
(25) means 250 series, (3) means 137" wheelbase, (24) means 248 cu.in. engine, (C) is Oakland, (Z) is 1954. Are the last 4 digits production number, and if so, what did they start with in '54? Since this truck has always been registered as '55, I would guess this was built at the end of '54 and sold in '55.

Am I in the ballpark? :confused:


1955 First Series GMC 250 1-Ton Panel
In the Gallery
Mr. Hedgehog - Follow the build
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll laugh at you.