| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,140 Posts1,056,466 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#36334 01/03/2004 6:57 PM | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | My advice would be to replace the composite gear with a new aluminum one. A bit noisier but a lot stronger. I believe that all 55' and newer 235 engines were cross drilled for hydraulic lifters whether equipped with them or not.
I just rebuilt mine and used hydraulics with the new cam because I don't like to listen to the clacking of solids unless it is a full out race engine. Also I intend to drive it a lot and don't want the bother of adjustment. | | |
| |
| |