| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,462 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#36331 01/03/2004 2:57 AM | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 50 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 50 | After spending much time and piecing together my 235 for swapping into a '54 half-ton I discovered I was sold 216 lifters. (DOH!) I should've been able to tell right away 'cuz boy they are different than the stock 235s. But...having never seen either before I was shnookered. Now I'm trying to figure out whether to order the hydraulics or solid lifters for a 235 cam. The cam gear is composite so the camshaft must be for hydraulic lifters. How can one be sure whether their cam is for hyd or solid lifters and does it matter other than the gear? Are the lifters interchangeable to the cams? Did cam specs change depending on the type of lifters used? It seems there would be some differences for the changed lash. :confused: Thanks for any help. | | |
| |
| |