I know there is debate on this subject and I fall into the camp that says "why do it" when springs are so cheap. But if you do make certain that you cut only one coil at a time and at the same location as the original end so it will fit in the pocket if there is one. You can always redo it if it isn't enough but 1 coil should give you about 2" of lowering. DON'T cut it with a torch. Saw it off only.

And I still say they are just too cheap to fool with and you have brand new properly rated springs. Try www.espo.com for springs and all attaching parts cheap anf good service too. wink


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain