Sorry for rattling some chains here. The 56 may eventually get a 350 RamAir, but for now I only have these choices to play with. If the body was straight, I would of gone for the 235. Since it isn't and they don't make fenders or quarters, I'm stuck with body work. I want something I can take on route 66 without haveing any repairs and also to SC. I still don't know what to do. I do like the idea of hopping up the 235, but I would like it to be faster then my Jeep with a 2.5 4banger, which can keep up with a 99 stang upto 45 and used to pop a small wheelie. Anyway the 327 is a '66 with 60K miles and has the double hump heads. It may need rebuilt, but so does my 235. I like both ideas. Just looking for some advice. I do want to keep the column shift, if that helps any. Where can you find a late model saginaw column shift w/OD?


Travis Roberts
Waterloo, IL
'56 Bel Air 4 door Sedan (235 & 3 on the tree)
1995 1/2 Jeep Wrangler

56 Chevy Paint Codes and Pics