I'm close to finally getting my '62 dually on the road and I need some help making a decision about the old split rims and tire size as the truck needs new tires all the way around. From what I understand from reading these forums I can use a later model 8 lug one piece rim. Here's what I found today at the local pick and pull:

-1st truck is a mid 70's Chevy dually with a good set of 16 inch 8 lug rims and bald tires, I can get the rims for $25-30 each.

-2nd truck is a late 70's\early 80's box truck with 8 lugs and near new 8.75 x 16.5 tires, don't have a price yet on these however.

My truck currently has 7.50 x 16's. Can I run the larger 8.75 x 16.5 rims and tires or should I stick with the 16" rims? I priced new tires today for the 16" rims and they were $119 each installed so I'd be looking at $900 to get rolling if I go that route. Let me hear your opinions.

Thanks, Phil

Last edited by Slick Willy; 01/10/2008 3:45 AM.