| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
11 members (klhansen, cmayna, Hotrod Lincoln, Peggy M, Wayne67vert, 52Carl, Forty9, walter74, HandyAndy, 2 invisible),
142
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,282 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 74 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 74 | Lots of info here and now I really have to consider this from all angles so I'm gonna need some education.
From Hotrod Lincoln's post it looks like the later model 16's are not the same as the earlier factory 16" split rim. And the 16.5" rims may not work either.
So now I'm wondering if the original split rims may just be the best choice. Either that or swap the entire rear end for the mid 70's dually rear. The rear end swap would probably get into some spring location and drive shaft issues that I'm not equipped to deal with.
| | |
| |
| |