There are always different ways to go about it. I took mine completety apart. Bagging and taggin the items as i went along. As well I made a list of items that needed to be repaired or replaced as the tear down was in process. I have about 3 maybe 4 weeks into my truck. I have the body work over 60% done now I have the frame painted. I do work on one item at a time, like the cab at this present time. Once it is done I will fix the hood. I keep a list if items that I need to get to keep the work moving forward. PLANNING AND MORE PLANNING is what works for me.

For me my time is in short supply running my own shop during the day and then time for my son and wife, then the truck. I have seen where guys end up spening double the time as they did not want to take is completely apart, and have to do double the work. OR end up missing something that after paint cannot be easily fixed. With taking it completely apart you are limited on knowing what you really have. Hence the reason I blasted my truck to bare metal, and pulled it off the frame.

Or you can go the way that so do. Drop it off at a shop and only write the checks. In the end I will have more into mine knowing that it is done right vs having some one else make a choice for me.

It keeps me on the ground and sane as i build custom high performance harleys for a living. This is my down time to relax.