| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 629 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 629 | I have been restoring my truck for over 7 years! I think many that start a first time restoration like mine just end up with a pile of parts. When I started i committed to myself that that would not happen with mine.
I go in spurts but as many said above, money, time and my interest in working on it at the time dictates what I get done. There are weeks and months that go by in between what I have come to call "truck Days" I will typically just work on smaller things I can accomplish here and there then will let my wife and kids know that dad is going to have a "truck day" or two when I have to hit some big things. I also read this web page about 3-4x per week and look for parts on e-bay everyday. I have without a doubt spent more time reading about these trucks and searching e-bay than I have on the truck. While not coming even close to what I have spent, I have also found that buying and selling certain things on e-bay can help fund the restoration.
I also started a web page to document the restoration and help others doing the same down the road. I have purchased things that I know i will eventually need during sales (particularly the good end of the year sales we see from Jim Carter's). I have been doing this for 7+years and the parts are all stored and ready to go. This helps so that when i get back to putting things together, it will go quick and it wont "seem" like I spent a lot of money. Keep receipts and track it but NEVER add it up. I have and it is not pretty!!!
Tim Sheridan 1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it. In the Gallery | | | |
Entire Thread
|
In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| CJL | 01/03/2008 3:53 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| 55 1st suburban | 01/03/2008 4:01 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| CJL | 01/03/2008 4:10 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| Rusty Rod | 01/03/2008 4:16 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| Tramp | 01/03/2008 5:14 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| Bill_B | 01/03/2008 5:21 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| westratedel | 01/03/2008 6:09 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| Tangovino | 01/03/2008 6:09 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| J Lucas | 01/03/2008 6:28 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| norcal49er | 01/03/2008 7:51 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| Stuart_Giles | 01/03/2008 9:53 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| Denny Graham | 01/03/2008 1:09 PM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| Chev4t6 | 01/03/2008 2:18 PM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| Virginiafiretruck | 01/03/2008 2:29 PM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| hdwrench | 01/03/2008 3:39 PM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| BIG CHEVY 3600 | 01/04/2008 12:04 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| CJL | 01/04/2008 4:31 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
|
Anonymous
| 01/04/2008 4:54 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| bigmacdaddy | 01/04/2008 4:54 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| Sheridan | 01/05/2008 3:38 AM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
|
Anonymous
| 01/05/2008 4:07 PM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
|
Anonymous
| 01/05/2008 4:23 PM |
Re: In Restorations, how do you keep on track?
| Sheridan | 01/07/2008 2:26 AM | |
| |
| |