63StepSide: I see you are a Jr. Member. Great to see you here. Getting the youngsters involved is the only way we can continue to create and maintain interest in the StoveBolt Page. While we are primarily about inline GM engines we sure are not above discussing a few other types here and I'd guess we all own one or more of them.

But I want to offer you some food for thought Stepside. Consider that the STANDARD engine in 63' was the then new 230 I-6. It did and still does a great job on hundreds of thousands of cars and trucks. So here is the "thinking" part for you...if it worked so well then why would the 327 not work? The answer is obvious.
I'm just yanking you around a little and hoping you'll rev up the greatest engine ever created, the one between your ears.
Thanks for being part of us and please come around often. A lot of great teachers in here but of no value without proper students of which I am so often one.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain