I'm also dropping a 327 in my 51. Mine came out of a '69 Camero.
The book says it has 325hp but this ones has been overhauld. It's been bored out 60 with new pistons and rings. Crank has been turned rods-10 mains-20 and the crank has been balanced. Up graded cam CS1095R and new bearings, new hyd lifters,exhchange stock timing set for double roller, double hump heads with new Manley valves 2.02 - 1.6 new valve guides and springs Edelbrock High rise intake and a Edelbrock 650cfm 4 bbl carb. Not sure what the new hp rating is. I just remember the 327 was a pretty hot engine in the day. No big block that's for sure but never the less a hot small block. I picked this up for $1200. with around 3k miles on it with a Turbo 350 trany. I checked this eng out before it was pulled. Ran very strong and didn't burn oil. Hopefully I got a good deal on this one. The guy wanted to sell it because he wanted a 427 in its place. I don't know why he would want bigger than he had but each to they're own.
Last edited by 27Capitol; 12/19/2007 5:23 AM.