working many years in mobile equipment, we had a variety of rims crack under use. Most were due to a manufacturing flaw acknowledged by the manufacturer.

I have split and cracked wheels / rims when auto crossing. This is a problem along with chording tires and losing ball joints. I have not come across any cracked rims in some time on a non-race situation. I have seen wheels crack by improper torque of the lug nuts (people using impact wrenches). I have seen wheels crack around the bead on a really old set of wheels, however the material was thin and corroded. I have seen split rims let loose. Could this be a root cause?

I believe that this Sam Egan person to have his facts confused. Also, if he truly is a veteran of "62 court cases", wouldn't we find evidence of this on the internet? I have found a writer, surfer and producer. Then again, I get a speeding ticket, and you can find my name, address, car make, model, license plate and issuing officers name.

Just my $0.02

Scott


The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me