This makes little sense to me. Force is force, acceleration is acceleration, torque is torque.

While I am sure there are some issues with older rims being used with newer tires, these issues are not adequately explained in this persons letter. They dropped lots of names, and quoted themselves as being an expert, but they did not give one bit of scientific explanation of why this is an issue. Maybe what is actually happening is that people are driving old trucks like they are new trucks, and the old trucks can't take it? How many 70 year olds can run like a 16 year old boy?

I used my old rims (8R19.5) that had tubeless, bias ply tires on them, and installed radial tires on them. These rims are at least from 1958. If I have a major malfunction, that doesn't kill me, I'll let the rest of you know.