On the shimming aspect I bought a kit with all the nuts, bolts, etc from Classic Parts. My pedals were off about 1/4" or so in the holes. I noticed that the rubber pad that goes between the cab and cab mount was completely gone. In reading the factory assembly manual I noticed it calls for a shim here in some cases. I put the rubber pad in and then made a 1/4" shim out of plate to go on top of it as shown in the manual. This proved to be too much so I ended up using a 1/8" shim and the pad which brought the cab up to what appears to be perfect alignment. I also added a couple of 1" x 1" x 1/8" (about 3" long) angle iron stiffeners ahead and behind the inner cowl support to tie everything together. One other thing I did to get the cab mount to go level before I welded the floor down was to put a 1/4" self tapping screw in the bottom of the cab mount and took it into the master cylinder bracket (this is just visible in the picture on my webshots dscf0009), this really stabilizes the area around the transmission cover to let you weld things up. I am going to remove the cab and finish the frame so I will drill and plug the floor so I can remove this bolt now welding is complete. By doing it this way when I pull the cab mounting bolt it now drops right in and the cab/frame is aligned perfectly.