Originally Posted by truckernix
Also you should check to see if you have a lot of play in the pedal bushings. It is good to know that now!

The cab will eventually come off and I'll be as thorough as I know how to be inspecting for worn, broken and missing things, but it sounds like you are saying that if the bushings are worn that could be exaggerating the reason the pedals are rubbing the tops of the holes?

How much of this should be done with the cab on the frame? I would imagine that as much as possible to be sure everything else fits properly? Or at least get everything tacked down and lined up and then tip the cab back on the frame for finish welding?

Any help from anyone who's actually done this would be greatly appreciated. I've done searches here and found several good tips and did find one that shows how the cowl parts have to be modified. From what I can tell so far, just the lower parts will need to be replaced.

I know I can do the work but I don't want to paint myself into a corner because I screwed up something that I didn't know was important in the beginning.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection