On the rear adjusters, if you haven't already, remove them and clean the gunk out of the threads. I had a horrible time trying to adjust a couple of them because they were gummed up pretty bad. Makes a lot of difference!

I might be a lil wierd, but when I was adjusting the shoes out, I would slowly rotate the drum till it had a firm drag, then I'd rap the drum with a big rubber mallet about where the adjuster screw was while turning the drum. It will loosen up a couple times and need to be adjusted again before it stays firm, then I backed it off a bit and moved to the next shoe.
Just allows the shoes to center themselves properly as I turned out the adusters, minimizes how much you need to adjust them after you've driven it and tested the brakes a time or two to center the shoes properly. Since the shoes aren't connected together on the rear you can effectively do one shoe at a time.
Just what I did anyway,...


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P