I have an issue with the two speed rear axle adapter on my firetruck. I don't have the short square drive that fits in between the speedometer head and the adapter head. However, that's not really the issue. I wonder what other than appearances, does the adapater make on the speed shown on the speedometer? I've got the 20" tires and all other things are as originial but how much difference does the speedometer show if I'm in a "high" position or the "low" on the axle? What it shows on the speedometer(I'm in high position)always seems to be either too high or too slow compaired to the traffic around me. And that is the reason for my asking the question. I've seen it go to 60 MPH and other times, it doesn't turn at slow speed.
I know it can't be much of an actual speed difference but somebody on the stovebolt must know the answer. In advance, Thanks.
Bill