Yeah,your bringing back memories now. While doing my three years in Uncles Sams Army I drove a GMC duece and a half truck with the heavy duty hydramatic.Got out of the Army and bought a 1957 Ford conv. with the 312 cu.in.TBird Special engine,245 HP.and naturally a three speed standard,I did not want nothing to do with automatics back then. That old 57 Ford beat a lot of fast cars drag racing. I remember the first day I had it I raced a guy who had a 56 Merc. with the same engine and automatic.I left him sitting and he could not figure how he got beat so bad.One that sticks in my mind was a friend of mine had a 1953 Olds 88 with hydramatic. I beat his Olds but if I would have missed a gear he would have won it.It was that close.I had more fun with that Ford than I have ever had with any other car.Since then automatics have been improved a lot and if ya wanna go drag racing an automatic just might be the answer.