Originally Posted by drummin52
Just wondering what everyone else thought about painting their truck. Did you or will you paint it yourself or pass it on to a professional.


I had every intention of painting my truck myself until I got WAY too far into my project and realized that if I were to attempt it, I may regret it in the end. I did end up painting the frame, interior, inner fenders, baffles and all of the mechanical components. Basically anything that you would have to crawl under or get in the truck to see. All the important stuff I am leaving to the pro. I too plan to drive my truck to shows and weekends out in the countryside but its days as a working truck are done. It lived a long hard working life and now it is time to enjoy the scenery.

Someday I hope to take on a project that I paint myself, it's just I dumped way too much into this one and with only limited painting experience, I would have hate to done it and wished I had made a different decision afterwards. All that being said, I have seem some really good home paint jobs. From what I understand ,a paint job is made by the prep work and I only have enough patience to do the smaller parts. I get too excited to want to see the paint flow!



Tim Sheridan
1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it.
In the Gallery