Drummin52, I just went through this whole excersise trying to decide if I should paint it myself or not. Decided after a lot of encouragement from others on this site to try it. I had done some covering and painting of airplanes using Butyrate dope but that method is pretty simple and foolproof so I was a little hesitant about doing my truck. I bought my paint from the local NAPA store and not from body shop supply. This was the Martin-Senour Crossfire system. I used this system all the way through from the etching primer/filler to the clear coat. I used an old Binks siphon gun because I was familiar with it. I painted it in an airplane hangar with the big door open and an exhaust fan in the doorway. Be sure to wear a good mask or use a fresh air breathing system. These paints can be lethal on your lungs. I used the base/clear method because I had heard that the base color was pretty forgiving if I made some mistakes. I found that the clear coats would run easily but they were easy to sand out and re shoot. I think it came out very good for an amatuer like me . Also this is a driver and not a showpiece and thats how I approached it . I would encourage you to consider painting it your self. Do a search for "Paint it myself? in the paint and body work section. Also you can go to my pictures to see how it came out. Weeds