I am currently in the paint it myself camp. The good thing about trucks is that you can paint it in pieces in order to break it down into manageable chunks. Color match is not a problem as long as you work from the same can of paint, stir well each time and use a straight color rather than a metallic. I am planning to use a single stage urethane. I am a bit undecided on the manufacturer, but am currently thinking it will be TCP Global's Restroration Shop urethane. Some comments that I have seen have advised that this is basically a Valspar product. Price is very reasonable. I purchased an LVLP gun which uses less air and should work with your compressor. Astro Pneumatic and Zhipp make LVLP's that others have recommended and are very reasonable ($50-$80). In addition to this forum, I have been watching the following that are very active and have a wealth of info via search:

autobodystore.com
hotrodders.com

Safety is very important with paints. An air supplied respirator is important. I have access to a loaner. You can buy one and resell without too much cost, if you are working on a one time project.
PM me if you need any additional info.
Regards,
Steve Lorio
New Orleans