Quote
Originally posted by stratkat64:
Jerry- Your 57 is in great shape as are the Impala and 225. Is the paint a stock 57 Chevy color? Either way it is a good color for the truck. What type of wood is used in the bed?
stratkat64: Thanks for the compliments on the cars. The Buick and the truck are nice driver quality cars. I'd put both of them in the #3 category. The truck was an Air Force truck so the original color was OD Green. This paint has a lot of metalflake in it and was put on the truck in 1969. The truck was bought in Charlotte, NC and later moved to San Diego, CA for sale. That's where I bought it. It's a good solid vehicle and was supposed to have had 18,000 miles on it when I bought it. I believe that is true but can't confirm it except that I have the registration slips from 1969 to present and it looks like the truck was bought with only 1100 miles on it. I don't know what the Air Force did with it to only put 1100 miles on it in 12 years.

Welcome to Stovebolt. This is a great place to share stories about your truck and get valuable information. There are some true experts lurking in these forums.


Jerry Acheson
Indianapolis, IN
57 Chevy 3100