Ok; I have been having trouble getting my doors to close so I checked out the discussions on this site to see why. I decided that perhaps the doors had the wrong rubber so I looked for advice on which manufacturer's weatherstrip to use. I bought it and the metal strips for the bottom of the doors.

I removed one door's weatherstrip yesterday; cleaned the surface of all adhesive and followed the instructions exactly for using the Permatex adhesive. It worked. Well; kind of. I seemed to have a choice. I could put a tapered side toward the door jam or a 'lip edge'. The one I took off had the lip edge in so that's how I installed it. I now have exactly the same condition that I had before. The door just doesn't want to close. What's up? My trouble seems to be along the forward edge of the door at the cowl area.

The metal strips didn't come with instructions (neither did the rubber for that matter). I don't see anything on the bottom of the doors where screws would have held those strips on. Did I need them? If so, where do they go?


Jerry Acheson
Indianapolis, IN
57 Chevy 3100