Splashoil,

I used the adapter kit from Classic Performance but ordered the MC from NAPA by number. I'll get the info to you when I return from the coast to Montana. There's no proportioning valve.

It has all new lines and hoses. I rebuilt the rear wheel cylinders but the front had seen a recent rebuild.

I'm pretty sure this was a hydraulic problem and not a mechanical spring problem. All 4 brakes had become tight and the brake pedal became fully extended at the same time. When I adjusted the MC plunger outward about 1/16", all 4 wheels loosened up and the brake pedal went down nearly to the floor. I believe the plunger was not coming out far enough to expose the relief valve.


1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet

34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.