I adjusted my Huck brakes since only one shoe was well-adjusted on each wheel. The brake pedal went down half-way but it was still driveable and I drove it to work. The truck sat all day.

At the end of the day, I hit the brake pedal and it wouldn't go down much at all. I hadn't used the parking brake (granny gear instead) and I didn't pump the pedal. Something had changed.

All four wheels are tight so it wasn't just one hinky wheel. It must be the MC. I retracted the MC plunger by about 1/16" and the brake pedal now goes most of the way to the floor.

Anyone know what might have happened? This is a new dual reservoir MC, lines and rebuilt wheel cylinders but it hasn't been driven for many months. How can a brake system almost lock up while just standing??

Thanks!


1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet

34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.