| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (MickeyP, 37 GC, jmoore, Otto Skorzeny, Rusted Nut, kbenz, Eisenholtz, 1 invisible),
80
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,627 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#24550 06/16/2003 4:41 AM | Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 56 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 56 | I got most of my info from old Motor Truck Repair Manuals (Lots of them on ebay) and my GMC 633 Shop and Parts Books plus years of collecting and reading about military trucks.
Is the civilian-vehicle purchasing a common occurance?----Yes
Is that why inliners said military 302 is side-mount while mine is front-mount?----I don't know for sure, but reread my second paragraph. This is my best guess. If it has a Holley two barrel, horizontal, rear intake carb it is most likely the military engine.
Can I use the army serial # and vin # to find out what its specific duty was?...Is there an army archive for such research?---- Maybe, I doubt it. These were general purpose trucks used to haul general cargo around bases. I don't know anything about Army Archives. You can search the internet and probably find out.
'31 Chevy 1 1/2 ton, '42 GMC 2 1/2 ton 6x4, '52 GMC 2 1/2 ton 6x6, '53 GMC 5 ton
| | |
| |
| |