ksk
you will need motor mounts and a tranny mount, those should go in with a little work. lots of room under the hood. the drive shaft(i assume your 77 is a long box) might need to be shortened. that's easily done by a qualified shop. I don't know about a shortbox driveshaft. what are you building, mostly stock, with updated drivetrain? Or a rod. I have a 50, and I was going to use a rear out of a 83, but it was a little too wide for the tires i wanted to use. with the 77 rear, you will probably only be able to stuff 8 inch wide tires under the fenders, and heck those might be sticking out just a bit. A better option, is a rear out of a 70's camaro, firebird, nova, etc. These are narrower than the truck rear, allowing for more tire options. I pulled my rear out of a 79 Firebird. Looks nice with 8 inch tires on all 4 corners. Do a search on this site, i guarantee you'll find lots on this subject. Hopes this helps.
