MNSmith

I found a couple 50ish burbs a long time ago at the boneyard that were used for school busses in their past lives. They both had the bullet tail lites on either side of the rear just below the beltline along with the licence plate holder lite on the drivers side barn door. The bullets were identical to those found on a 39 chevy (I once owned a 39 chevy business coupe in high school back in '72). I bought new glass lenses and chrome rings from Chev's of the 40's and they fit perfectly! I have also seen them on a canapy express at the Barrett-Jackson auction site. I plan on using them for running lites on my 53 Suburban, as well as turn/brake lites and the barn door lite for my 3rd brake lite.

You can follow the link below and should be able to eyeball the location from the pic of the 1949 Canopy Express.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/scottsdale/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=183383

If for some reason the link doesn't work you can go to WWW.barrett-jackson site then click on auction car list and select chevrolet under the "List By Make" box. It's listed on the first page. There is a good photo of the passenger rear to locate the bullet.

Good Luck,
Jim