Originally posted by 47Panel:
I transplanted a 1980 C20 IFS to my '47 1 Ton. It has power disk brakes and power steering. Drives like a car. Spacers, welding and offset wheels did the job. My site is under construction but I can send a link if interested. Wayne - 1 ton Panel - http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery/roworth_wayne_1947.htm I was going to tell you to go find Wayne's website, but I see he has linked it for you. He has the solution I'm shooting for, but I am going to try to go him one step better, and narrow the IFS to match the tread width on the '47, then modify the frame to mount it a couple inches lower for correct height. I'm not going for the "in the weeds" look, but more of a stock look. Wayne's panel is a huge inspiration to me.
Oops, my mistake, that's his Gallery, not his website. I downloaded and read all about his IFS swap before he took his website down for remodeling.