G'day Brett,
I'm on the Tablelands and reinventing a '41 Chevy 3/4 ton truck. I thought it was a ute when I started but it aint, its a flat bed.
You're gaing to love this game I've been in it a few years now and I can tell you mate, it gets pretty scary and folks in town look at you like you're going crazy.
Recently my old engine died and I hadn't finished wiping the tears from my eyes when all fo a sudden I got an email from these pages telling me there's a bloke in Alice Springs has a 52 Chevy motor for sale.
I only got back last week, clocked up 4,325 kliks and paid just a little money for the motor.
Its been fully reconditioned by South Australia Engineering and its looks brand-new inside and out.
While I was there, couldn't help myself, I bought a '46 five window styleside utility for $500, still in its WW2 suit, sitting out there in a shed in the desert -no rust, she's totally complete, engine runs with good compression. Nothing to buy, (?) I'll go out and pick it up in the winter.
Welcome to the club cobber, these blokes are a fair dinkum mob and pretty helpful when you're stuck with a problem.
I've bought parts from Northern California, Mojave Desert, Missouri, Southern California, Texas, and combed the bush around these parts salvaging what I could like a leper, let me know what you need, I'll try to help.

I have a '47 Chevy 5 window Stylemaster styliside ute in an old timber yard at Herberton, same as yours, no engine, body complete from firewall and two doors to tailgate -yours if you want to come and get it. It cost me $50 but there is little I can use on it. I'll send pictures if you are interested.

My progress pics at:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2610847360102152310BVgpbL?vhost=good-times

And again welcome mate! Send some Bundy!

Denis aka Zacca


"After you skin yer knuckles, Mr Shifter ain't yer friend any more."

1942 Chevy 3/4 ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Photo Site
1946 Chevy 5 window coupe/ute (new stray)
2000 Nissan Patrol 4x4 4.5l turbo diesel