Originally posted by mgbman:
The truck has the 63 dash / doors but has a 64 title. The man says that the truck was built in early in the 64 year with leftover parts. The VIN # on the title says it was built in Balt. then was the 2,738 truck built. The VIN plate on the inside door is missing. ..., should I buy the truck?
This is only my personal opinion:
The story from the guy selling the truck smells

So much that it stinks!! The VIN plate for the 60-63 were on the front A pillar post whereas the VIN plate for the 64-66 were above the door. I would be a little nervous, if the VIN plate is missing, there may be a reason!!
Sounds like someone had a 64 title but did not have a 63 title, so they used the 64 title instead.
I would be more concerned about the fact that if he is telling you this story and not being honest about how the titled vehicle came to be, then anything else he tells you may not be truthful as well.
The fact that you asked the question here on this forum, tells me that you sense and question the seller being truthful.
My opinion: It better be priced cheap, before I'd consider it.
Brian