I was at a truck show yesterday.
The guy beside me pulled in with a nice looking ford, if one form the 70's can be? I don't know the engine size, but it was a v8 and looked smallish.
He had straight stainless exhaust, it looked like 2", but I did not measure.
His truck was rather obnoxious just pulling in to park at an idle. It has a loud crack to the exhaust note that I did not think sounded good.
Now you must understand that my 61 ford has dual 3" straight pipes all the way out to the bumper, and is an ugly truck too.
I do have a pair of turbos that help smooth out the sound so it may not be quite as obnoxious. I think mine sounds good, but it may be to loud, as I get nervous when I see a cop car.
I am considering some aftermarket diesel pickup mufflers like Magnaflow or Banks or some one of the others like them.
My truck has a 6v53 Detroit Diesel, considered to be the single loudest engine Detroit built.
I guess I need to have someone else drive my truck by so I can hear what it sounds like.
You may want to listen to a similar engine to yours with straight pipes before you make up your mind. I still think Flow masters will be the best choice for you.
Grigg