Thanks for the input guys. Right now I am waiting for a correct shop manual. I need to see how the oil lines are run. The mechanic who worked on it gave me the impression that to manually unclog the lines the engine would have to be pulled, is this the case? I do want a new oil pressure gauge, not sure if mine was working or not before and I haven't tried running it since I got the truck back, so I'll get that soon.

I am also considering the options of buying an engine that's already been rebuilt, though it seems nobody wants to ship an engine so it would have to be relatively close which limits the possibilities. And am asking around about mechanics and shops around here that have worked on old iron (going to another car show this weekend.)

So I still haven't decided on repair, rebuild, or replace, but I'm not giving up. I am so glad this site is here!!!!!