Michelle, don't worry about writting a bunch. It's accuracy that will count. I have just been perusing your old posts and have finally deciphered what possibly happened to your engine.
When you started the engine (after it sat for fifteen years) there were clogged oil lines and it finally bent those push rods. A "Shade Tree Mechanic" fix is to try to clean what lines you can and try to run it- I personally would advise against this (but who am I?). You could probably find a running engine fairly cheap to put in it just to have the truck up and running. There is one on E-bay right now that is cheap- engine
I don't know if it is close enough for you and I would think that someone around you has one cheap. Check out some "rod shops" they usually have tons of them. While you could (if all this truck is for is a yard runner) try to clean out the oil lines leading to the rocker and then run the engine with a good bit of deisel in the oil for only a little bit to clean some of the gunk out of the entire line, but I personally wouldn't trust this very far. Once you start dislodging the gunk it could plug up many other places. It all depends on what you are wanting this truck to do for you. I realize that you have money and parts into this engine, but many of those parts will work also on another engine and it doesn't hurt to have spares.-LOL You just need to think on what you want of this truck. Keep us posted on what is going on for you.


Oly in Oregon

Rest in Peace

1945 GMC COE Victory Truck
1953 Willys CJ3B
1955 Chevy 1st series 3/4-ton
1958 WIFE Last series

Never say "Whoa" in a mud hole