Glad you started this Lori. Here's what I got done on the '40. I got the rear end under it and sitting on the springs. Learned a lesson. Those leaf spring ends are "directional". I had the brass bushing in the correct end on one of the springs but not the other one. Result: the left spring end wouldn't fit up inside the saddle. Finally figured it out but not before wasting a couple of hours on it. I also got the 228 off the engine stand and it's now sitting on the frame of the truck!!! Finally, some real progress. Tonight I'll bolt the engine in place and then the cab goes on. All this is in preparation for hauling the truck to our home in Northern Calif, where we'll be moving back to this summer. So, it looks like I won't be doing anything to it for a few months.


Neil
1940 GMC 1/2 Ton