| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,613 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#22190 03/06/2003 4:18 PM | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,842 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,842 | I heard that modifying your "rear end" is very popular in Hollywood. Everyone wants one like JLO. Sorry, I just had to throw that in.
This is a big topic for so many bolters who want to keep their rigs as original as possible. I really do not like the idea of swapping the tranny through rear end mainly because my tranny, tube and rear have given me no trouble at all. Yes I can't flow down the highway like all the other vehicles but maybe that's going to be the price I need to accept to stay as original as possible.
The only other way is to do a Patricks rear gear swap from 4:11's to 3:55. By the time you finish spending $400 for the gears and $200 for new bearings, one might question just how much would switching to an open line with new tranny cost ?
Argh
Craig My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
| | |
| |
| |