I'm buying a 1946 Chevy Truck that was in a magazine called “Pickups and Panel Trucks” Magazine.
The truck was painted by the original owner and he sold the truck after a divorce and moved away. The colors are unusual and I like them. We think one of them is 1994 Ford Light Santa Fe, but we’re not sure.
The problem is the second owner had a copy of the magazine the truck was in, but got a divorce and he cannot find the magazine, but knows the colors where listed in the magazine. I have talked to PPG and DuPont and they say you can scan the colors, but it’s not always accurate.
I have some feelers out for the original owner. His name is Jim Baird and lived in La Grange, TX when he owned the truck. I have asked around in La Grange, and know someone remembers Jim or the truck, but as of today have found no one. I called the sheriff, police, a lawyer and my best hope is the post office. Searching Google or Yahoo comes up with over 100 Jim Baird's, and if I have to, I will call them all, but would prefer not to.
HELP!
If you have any ideas, leads or copies of the magazine or know where I can get access to them I would appreciate it! I can send you photo’s of the truck if it will help!
You can email me at
[email protected]Thanks
Dan Mascheck
Wharton, TX