Welcome Stevie! The guys have already hit on the value of this site. I have been wrenching on these old trucks for 10 years and with each one I learn something new. My two cents: Establish a plan. Both long term and short term. If you want to start driving it soon. Start with the engine and drivetrain. If you have all the time in the world, keep tearing it apart and build it back up as time and money allow. Don't give up and get discouraged. Many do on major projects. Build it to do what you want it to do. My first stovebolt (72 K20) was a driving work in progress. My last truck (66 C20) really just needed a new motor when I got it to be driveable, so I dropped in a new motor and started driving it. I wanted to keep it as original as I could from the start. I did the body as time allowed. My current truck (65 C-10)needs a lot more, plus the plan for it is to make it more driver friendly. It will be built as a cruiser so its getting a 5 speed manual, throttle body fuel injection and power steering. I have time for this one so it will get stripped down to the frame and built back up. Bottom line: Have a plan and stick with it. If you get it built and you want to change something, do it.


1965 Chevy C-10 Longbed Stepside
In the Gallery