Hello Tomy2tone01 Could it be possible that the seat is too thick or the wrong configuration? Maybe it is too low which would raise your knees, and too thick or possibly the wrong seat back angle that would move the seat forward.
What is a 70 Elky anyway? Is that a truck or car seat? I am unfamiliar with the term Elky.
Could the problem be solved by having a custom seat built for you, and possibly shortening or repositioning the steering column? How about building out the floor pan and shortening the pedals?
I am not trying to complicate things, just trying to think of other alternatives. Splitting the cab and lengthening the doors just sounds extreme. Would those doors need special glass, window tracks, crank assemblies, etc? And what about the short box, would that have to be made shorter? I'm no expert, but $1000 seems awful cheap to address all of these issues.
John