The extended cab looks funny to me because it is not normal looking therefore "funny" not that I laugh about it, just that it is unusual. I think if you stretched the doors to match it would probably look OK.

Basically I think that your eye should not be drawn to one particular part of a truck on first sight. All details or modifications should be subtle so you can take in the whole truck in the first glance and then start to notice the neat or well done things about it as you examine more carefully. I don't like to be shocked when I first see something, I like for it to grow on me.
That's just my opinion,
Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-