I'll tell ya what I used in the '46 2 ton.. some stuff my dad used to call "pipe strap".. that they use to suspend pipes in basements sometimes.
It's pretty much a flexable metal strip with holes in it.. comes in a roll of I dunno.. 20 feet or so.. and can be purchased at just about any hardware store or home improvement store.
While I was there buying the pipe strap, I picked up a 10 speed bicycle tube, some washers, nuts, and 4 of those "smooth head" bolts.
Cut the pipe strap in two approperate lengths.. if you have your original straps, you can use them as a rough template/guide. I folded my pieces over for added strength.
I cut the bicycle tube in two pieces, and ran the pipe strap thru the tube and positioned it across the tank.. that way I don't have 'metal on metal' where the strap holds the tank down.
Then it was just a matter of putting the 'smooth head' bolts thru the floor, and putting the washers and nuts on from the bottom.