Originally posted by Brendan M:
Fumblin' said:
[b]It's pretty much a flexable metal strip with holes in it.. comes in a roll of I dunno.. 20 feet or so.. and can be purchased at just about any hardware store or home improvement store.
That stuff is great.
I like your solution for the straps. It's very MacGyverish and it sounds like something my grandpa would come up with.
[/b]Necessity being the mother of invention, and me being a 'use what you've got lying around' kind of person makes everything I build or put back together something of a giant puzzle.
Now, don't get me wrong.. sometimes it just flat out pays to buy the 'right' stuff, and other times I just don't have the time to fiddle with re-inventing the proverbial wheel.. but the fact remains.. if human hands and minds designed and built the thing.. human hands and minds of the 'average joe' can replicate it.
Order the straps.. pay shipping.. wait for them since they're back ordered or some other such crap.. then wait for them to get delivered.. then have them arrive on a day when you just don't have time to do it.. then eventually get 'em on..
..or
..make a trip to the hardware store, and have it done in about 30 minutes and get on with life.. with $30+ extra in your pocket.
I tend to lean twards the latter option.