| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,261 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#1967 03/27/2002 10:39 PM | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 149 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 149 | Engine hunting! Iam looking for a SBC 350 or 400. I want one complete so I will have all the brackets and pully and stuff. First how can you tell a 350 from a 400?? I know there arent many 400's out there. Second What are some things I need to look for when choosing a engine that still in the car or out of the car with all the stuff still on it? Is there a visual way to tell if the block is cracked? Can you tell if its a 4 bolt or a 2 bolt main with out pulling the oil pan? Tips suggestions anything will help. Thanks!
"Finish the thing, do it right the first time, and drive the S.O.B.!"
1949 Chevy half ton 3100 In a kazillion pieces 2000 GMC Serria 1500 SL 4x4
| | |
| |
| |