Hello:
About 10 years ago I lifted a 1965 Jeep Wagoneer (HEAVY!) body off it's frame. I used 3 older car jacks... bumber style... from the '60's . These are like a "jack all" but had a square column. I inserted a chain in each column and attached two to the header over the garage door opening, and one on the reinforced rafters that I lift engines with. A bolt through the chain at the bottom of the column kept the jacks in the air at any height I needed. Then a 4 by 4 through the front door windows and another 4 by 4 conected to the middle of first 4 by 4 and out the back window. The jacks were bolted to the ends of the three 4 by 4's. I lifted by jacking a bit on each jack. To reinstall the body it was very easy to "fine tune" the height as I let it down. This is hard to describe but if anyone is interested I could try and send a sketch. I felt very secure with this setup and it worked well. I intend to use the same system for a 1951 GMC Panel body (also HEAVY!!)