For the first time in god knows how long, the 216 in the '46 1/2 ton roared to life last night!

Fired it up again this afternoon for about 2 minutes just to make sure I wasn't imaginging things last night.. it came without a fan, and has a seized generator (big dent in the bottom), so i've gotta replace those things and put some coolant in it before I dare run it any longer than that.

The good news is during it's two minute run today she idled all on her own, and when i'd goose it, the vac advance for the distributer seemed to work fine.. smooth running and no backfires.

Once I get the fan, generator, and belt on it, i'll try moving it and see what happens.. that outta be in the next couple hours.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.