I'm in the process of putting my 63 together and am considering retractable belts too. I need to find a way to reinforce the rear of the cab to mount the shoulder belt too. There's nothing but sheet metal back there and if the belts ever were needed to do as they were intended, they would just pull right out of the cab. I am thinking that I need to cut a slit into the rear cab wall, slide in some 1/4 inch flat plate (curved to match the cab), tack weld it in place and weld the slit shut. I just haven't got that far yet,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!