| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
128
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,680 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#18839 04/05/2002 6:56 PM | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 2 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 2 | I was unable to free mine (54 1st 235) with a hammer. It had been rusted fast for I don't know how long. When I had the carb off for a rebuild I blew a lot of air through the manifold and cranked the engime a few times to expell the fumes then hit the manifold and riser shaft with a torch. After a few minutes I got a little wiggle. I removed the heat and just worked it back and forth until I had full travel. I have not lubed it but perhaps I will now that I read the other posts. | | |
| |
| |