I know that over the years other parts get swapped.. a '47 might sport a '52 front end, or maybe some resto guy has a title on a junk truck, and a nice truck with no title, and could do the ole "switcharoo".

From all i've read about these "custom" trucks in subsequent research, if this truck were a "switcharoo" truck, the previous owner went thru alot of hassle to make it look like a "custom" just to use it as a beat around farm truck (the floor is full of dried mud from his boots) then when it started using a bit of oil, he parked it and used it for a storage bin for $1 lots he picked up at the auction.

The previous owner bought it from a fireman, who was the original owner, who put the spots on the truck (one of which is red, for whatever reason).

I asked about the age of the truck mostly because I wanted to see what the heck the thing was worth before I bought it without really nosing around too much into it, or seeming too intrested in it to the seller, not because I suspected foul play or the ole "switcharoo".

But I don't blame folks for being aprehensive about less than common factory configurations, and it's good to get opinions from both sides of the isle.


an idea is only stupid if you think about it rationally.