| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,283 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#1844 02/09/2004 11:38 PM | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | I have a '72 with all the stuff you are looking for. Find one of those and it should be a straightforward swap...
If I remember correctly '73 and later pickups have the ignition switch in the column, so that would complicate using a later steering column.
I have a '75 Chevy van that has the ignition in the dash, and the steering wheel and column look the same as my '72 pickup. But I've not measured anything to confirm they are the same.
Some years ago my brother put an early '70s Cadillac tilt column in his '67 C-10. It wasn't straight bolt-in, but wasn't a big deal either. He did have a locking column with in-dash ignition switch...
On the brakes and steering issues my understanding is that all the half-ton pickups are basically the same up through '87. So it should not matter much exactly what year you go with. But I've never done the conversion myself...
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | |
| |
| |