Been keeping my eyes open for a pre-60 truck. Have found one close to me so my first thought was to find a forum where I knew I could get some accurate information. First the truck:
1958 GMC longbed with and automatic tranny. The Good:
Recent paintjob that looks like it was done correctly. Could not find any rust on the body and no bondo. All the glass is good. New oak bed. NO modifications done! This truck is completely stock down to the hubcaps. Starts, runs and drives well.
The bad: Missing the tailgate. Missing front signal lamp housings/lenses, rear bumper I do not believe is stock (looks like a homemade steel step bumper. The owner bought the truck in this condition 10 years ago with the thought of restoring and never got around to it. The engine is leaking oil from dried out seal, but does not smoke from the tail pipe.
Now my questions:
He wants $4750.00. Is this a fair price?
Are there any impossible to find parts for this truck? Particularly the tailgate, rear bumper and front signal light housing/lenses?
I am sure I will have more questions, thanks for your patience with the new guy!